Dennis has almost two decades of experience in various facets of litigation, with special expertise in coordinating and handling complex litigation involving multiple plaintiffs or defendants. Dennis has tried cases in federal and state courts in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His clients include several local and regional businesses, and a Fortune 50 company to whom he not only provides his litigation expertise, but also general counseling in all aspects of the law.
- Dennis has successfully litigated several multi-million dollar disputes in the Massachusetts courts, earning a reputation as one of the best trial lawyers in the area.
- Dennis represented large national and multinational corporations in a large variety of lawsuits from 1996 through 2002 at the New York City law firms of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe and Donovan, Leisure, Newton & Irvine.
- Before launching his legal career, Dennis was a nuclear-trained submarine officer in the United States Navy, making several deployments to the North Atlantic from 1982 through 1987. He has also worked as a quality assurance engineer and assistant project manager on a number of construction and development contracts for the Navy from 1987 through 1993, and served as an officer and executive for two small start-up businesses in Florida.
RECENT PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Dennis is a founding co-editor of the international publication Gaming Law Review, in which he has published a number of articles on gaming law and regulation. He has also appeared at several gaming law conferences and has guest-lectured at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
- Dennis is co-author of Jolly Roger with an Uzi, an in-depth review of the legal and economic ramifications of modern-day piracy on the high seas.