Vicki represents businesses and individuals in the purchase and sale of businesses, commercial financing (including tax-exempt bonds and historic tax credit financing), corporate governance, and general business counseling. She also has an active residential and commercial real estate practice, which includes zoning analysis and permitting, environmental law, commercial real estate development, and tax abatements and tax appeals. She represents property owners respecting leases and power purchase agreements for large scale solar installations. Vicki also advises a number of nonprofit organizations on a variety of issues.
Vicki is active in the local business community serving as President of the Berkshire County Bar Association. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association, as well as the co-chair of REBA’s Commercial Real Estate Finance Section.
- Serves as outside counsel to a large health care provider, negotiating and enforcing construction contracts, handling real estate acquisitions and project development, and serving as borrower’s bond counsel.
- Served as outside transaction counsel in connection with the financing of a luxury resort development with several sources of funding including historic tax credit financing.
- Serves as outside transaction counsel in connection with tax-exempt financing for private and charter schools and non-profit library.
- Served as outside counsel to a mid-size gasoline sales and distribution company, responsible for handling real estate acquisitions, sales, development and environmental compliance.
- Served as borrower’s counsel to a Berkshire County YMCA in connection with a series of loans to finance the
acquisition and rehabilitation of an affordable housing project.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Vicki is active in the local business community serving on the Executive Committee of the Berkshire Bar Association. Vicki is a member of the Board of Directors, as well as the co-chair of the Commercial Real Estate Finance Committee, of the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association. Vicki has served as Clerk and Board Member of the Berkshire Chamber of Commerce.