Cain Hibbard & Myers, a fast-paced, dynamic law firm, is seeking a smart, energetic, and conscientious paralegal to join our busy business and banking/real estate department in our Pittsfield, Massachusetts location.
Our business and banking/real estate department provides an interesting, wide-range of legal services to individuals and businesses that include, among other services, residential and commercial real estate acquisitions, sales and refinancing transactions involving business purchases, sales and mergers, commercial and construction financing, formation and maintenance of corporations and limited liability companies, real estate and equipment leasing and contract preparation, review and negotiation, as well as probate services, including estate planning and estate and trust administration services.
Applicants should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point)
- The willingness to work as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment and the ability to work independently when necessary
- The ability to follow through on tasks to successful completion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to be discreet and observe the strictest standards of confidentiality
The position’s duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Document preparation and editing and completion of forms
- Creation, organization and maintenance of paper and electronic files
- Communication with clients, other law firm staff and attorneys, city/town hall and court officials and others by telephone, email and mail
- Management of attorney calendars, scheduling of meetings and docketing of deadlines
- Participation in security training and education and strict observation of confidentiality requirements
- Collaboration with peers to ensure responsiveness to clients and attainment of high quality service to our clients.
- Participation in staff, department and firm meetings and contribution to departmental initiatives to advance client support goals.
Minimum qualifications: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
Additional qualifications: Prior experience as a paralegal strongly preferred.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with skills and experience, including a strong benefit package, and an enjoyable, supportive team environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jeneen Poplaski, Director of Administration, Cain Hibbard & Myers PC, 66 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201.